Winch Safety Thimble II – Black
The “Original” for over 12 years!! Winch Safety Thimble II sets the standard for superior synthetic winch rope termination! Designed for 5/16″ and 7/16″synthetic winch ropes found on most Jeeps, Trucks and other Off Road Vehicles. The Safety Thimble II is designed to work with our TRE Soft-Shackles or a 3/4″ (7/8″pin) steel bow shackle, either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
Features of the Safety Thimble II
- The Safety Thimble II is precision CNC machined 6061 aircraft grade aluminum.
- Designed for 5/16″ to 7/16″ synthetic winch ropes.
- Designed to be used with a TRE Soft-Shackle or 3/4″ (7/8″pin) bow shackle, either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
- Diameter and shape of the eye adheres to minimum radius requirements to achieve rated breaking strength of the synthetic lines.
- The design of the eye has a deep groove that provides protection against abrasion of synthetic winch rope.
- The Flat Base design fits securely against the Hawse fairlead to prevent damage to synthetic winch rope.
- Made in the USA! The Safety Thimble is 100% designed, manufactured, packaged and shipped in the USA.
NOTE: TRE Safety Thimbles are designed to be used with Soft-shackles or common steel rigging bow shackles. Hooks can not be used.
*The TRE Safety Thimble II is intended for off-road vehicle recovery only!