Safety Thimble II – Black$74.95 Add to cart
Safety Thimble II – Blue$79.95 Add to cart
Safety Thimble II – Red$79.95 Add to cart
Safety Thimble II – Bright Dipped$74.95 Add to cart
Safety Thimble II – Orange$79.95 Add to cart
Our Safety Thimble II is the “Original” Winch Thimble since 2004. The Safety Thimble II sets the standard for superior synthetic winch rope termination! Designed for 5/16″ to 7/16″ synthetic winch ropes found on most Jeeps, Trucks and other Off Road Vehicles. The Safety Thimble II is designed to work with our TRE Soft-Shackles or a 3/4″ (7/8″pin) steel bow shackle, either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
The Safety Thimble II is designed and manufactured 100% in the USA! It is a precision made heavy duty winch thimble. The Safety Thimble is designed to prevent the winch thimble from getting pulled into the fairlead where most accidents happen in winching, often due to winch “run-on” from electric winches. The Safety Thimble II, unlike hooks, standard eye thimbles and other winch thimbles, do not scratch your fairlead which otherwise can cause damage to synthetic winch ropes. It is also the lightest and most versatile recovery option to be used with synthetic winch line.
Features of the Safety Thimble II:
- The Safety Thimble II is precision CNC machined 6061 aircraft grade aluminum.
- Designed for 5/16″ to 7/16″ synthetic winch ropes.
- Designed to be used with a TRE Soft-Shackle or 3/4″ (7/8″pin) bow shackle, either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
- Diameter and shape of the eye adheres to minimum radius requirements to achieve rated breaking strength of the synthetic lines.
- The design of the eye has a deep groove that provides protection against abrasion of synthetic winch rope.
- The Flat Base design fits securely against the Hawse fairlead to prevent damage to synthetic winch rope.
- Made in the USA! The Safety Thimble is 100% designed, manufactured, packaged and shipped in the USA.
- Safety Thimble II comes in popular colors such as Blue, Orange, Black, and Red
NOTE: Safety Thimbles are designed to be used with Soft-shackles or common steel rigging bow shackles. Hooks can not be used.
*TRE winch thimbles are intended for off-road vehicle recovery only!