Soft Shackles in use at Winter 4×4 Jamboree
During this last Winter 4×4, we were able to use our TRE Soft Shackles in recovery. They easily replace a D-ring, so if you or the person you are recovering doesn’t have one, no problem. These soft shackles will not only replace the D-ring, but they are much more versatile. You can wrap these around virtually anything; roll cages, bumpers and whatever else you can find. With a breaking strength of 25,000 pounds and light-weight, these tools are easy to use and will get the job done.
Soft Shackles are made from 3/8” synthetic winch rope with a breaking strength over 18,500 lbs. Each soft shackle has an inside diameter of approximately 7 inches. Soft Shackles are used in many situations instead of a steel shackle and are considered a high strength replacement for most situations requiring the use of a steel shackle. Soft Shackles are made from the same high strength synthetic winch rope in use on a lot of winches to give you the same advantages of high strength, light weight, and ease in handling. Soft Shackles are used in many situations instead of steel shackles and are considered a high strength replacement for most situations.
Some of the Advantages of Soft Shackles:
- Light enough to float
- Stronger than steel cable in equivalent sizes
- Can be wrapped around objects that steel cable and shackles cannot without damage to your vehicle
- Can be wrapped around a roll cage to upright a vehicle
- Can be attached to an anchor point the same way a steel shackle is used
- Can quickly be wrapped around a bumper, axle or anything else for a quick pull
- Can be used in place of Anchor Shackles and D-ring shackles in just about any application
Note: Soft Shackles are made of the same synthetic rope as winch rope and are susceptible to cutting and fraying. Please replace rope if you notice any of these.